Why is drawing hair so hard?
Hair is very difficult to draw, because what we see is different than what we know. You can’t simply draw all the hairs in the form of lines, because that’s not what we see when we look at hair. What we see must be simplified to lines and shades, and there are many ways to do it.
How can I draw my hair better?
- Lay in the Shape. Start your drawing by laying in the overall shape of the hairstyle with a pencil.
- Apply the Darks.
- Blend, Reapply Darks and Lift.
- Lay in the Shape.
- Build up the Hair Strands.
- Blend and Lift.
- Draw the Shapes.
- Create the Hair Strands.
How do you do anime hair?
Drawing Neatly Combed Anime Hair
- Draw the head and hairline.
- Draw the side sections of the hair with steady cures somewhat hugging the shape of the face.
- Add some small hair clumps for the bottom background hair.
- Finally you can add a little clump of hair hanging down from the middle of the front section of the hair.