How can I make my straight hair wavy?
3. Quick waves
- Distribute a heat protectant and apply mousse or styling lotion evenly throughout the hair.
- Braid the hair.
- Spray hairspray or texturizer on the braid.
- Run your flat iron over the braid as if you were straightening your hair.
- Set with hairspray or texturizer.
Is my hair wavy or straight?
Hair texture generally refers to the natural shape or pattern of your strands. If it dries straight without a bend or curl, then your hair is straight (or type 1, as it is commonly referred to). If it dries with a slight curve or “S” shape, then it is considered wavy (type 2).
How do I make my hair look naturally wavy?
The perfect way to get wavy hair without heat overnight, and with minimal effort!
- Scrunch dry or damp hair into a messy bun.
- Secure with a hair tie and hair pins as needed.
- Let hair dry and release the bun (and the waves!)
- Seal the deal with a quick spray of our Shine Bright Tonight Hairspray.
How can I make my hair wavy overnight?
Our Expert Agrees: If you want to curl your hair overnight without heat, you can put your hair into two big braids, or you can wrap your hair in several buns before you go to bed. Then, when you wake up, take your hair down, and you’ll have soft waves. Remove the hair tie from the top section and twist it into a rope.
Is wavy hair attractive?
Depends, but in general according to several studies backed by statistics, curly haired people are indeed considered more attractive than people with straight hair. Several experiential studies were conducted in which most people preferred curly or wavy haired people over straight hair especially regarding men.
Can I make my wavy hair curly?
Ways to make wavy hair curlier
- Diffuse instead of air dry.
- Plop your hair after a shower.
- Microplop your hair.
- Don’t brush your waves – if you’re brushing your waves, you’re probably flattening them or stretching them out.
- Use lightweight products.
- Mousse or gel.
- Consider a cut.
- Consider a dry curl cut.
What is Type 2 wavy hair?
Type 2 wavy texture is not quite straight and not completely curly, with the spectrum of hair ranging from loose loops to coarse, thick S-shaped waves combined with curls. Type 2 texture is typically flatter at the root and lays close to the head, getting curlier from the ears down.