- 1 What was the most popular hairstyle in the 1950’s?
- 2 What color lipstick did they wear in the 50s?
- 3 How should I dress in the 1950s style?
- 4 How do you get S waves?
- 5 How do you do the Hollywood wave?
- 6 How do you dress like jeans in the 50s?
- 7 What jewelry was worn in the 50’s?
- 8 What makeup was popular in the 50s?
What was the most popular hairstyle in the 1950’s?
Scroll down to see our list of 9 of the most iconic hairstyles of the 1950s!
- The Poodle Cut.
- The Bouffant.
- The Pompadour.
- The Pixie.
- Thick Fringe.
- The Duck Tail.
- Short & Curly.
What color lipstick did they wear in the 50s?
Lipstick. Lips were a strong feature of 1950s makeup, with a red shade being the predominant lipstick colour choice. Even then, red lipstick came in many shades, from the deeper blue-based colours through to lighter orange-based ones. Also worn were pink and coral colours.
How should I dress in the 1950s style?
1950s Fashion Trends
- Tea length swing dresses with petticoats for fullness.
- Slim sheath dresses and tailored suits.
- Pencil or circle skirts, poodle skirts for teens.
- Capri pants, high waisted jeans.
- Peter pan collar blouses.
- Twin set cardigan sweaters.
- Swing coats in winter.
- Kitten heels, saddle shoes, stiletto heels.
How do you get S waves?
- Towel dry your hair. After hopping out of the shower, use a microfiber towel to gently squeeze out any excess water from your hair.
- Apply leave-in treatment.
- Blow-dry your way.
- Partition your hair.
- Create your S wave.
How do you do the Hollywood wave?
Here’s how to create Hollywood waves
- step one: Prep hair with curl hold spray.
- step two: Section hair from crown to ear.
- step three: At bottom, take diagonal section and place curling wand below hair pointing towards face.
- step four: Twist wrap hair.
- step five: Repeat step 4 up to parting.
How do you dress like jeans in the 50s?
Here’s how to create a casual look with rolled up jeans:
- Cuffed skinny jeans.
- White t-shirt – either a ribbed tank top or a soft cotton short sleeve.
- Cotton or flannel plaid shirt worn open over the tee.
- Slip on loafers or “boat shoes”
- Accessorize with 50s -inspired aviator sunglasses and a trendy “man-bag” such as a duffel.
What jewelry was worn in the 50’s?
Tailored costume jewelry, one 1950s style, featured graceful and classic pieces, in gold or silver metal, often without stones. Gold-tone (more popular than silver) bangle bracelets, earrings and charm bracelets were essential parts of this wardrobe.
What makeup was popular in the 50s?
The Key Makeup Looks of the 1950’s
- Foundation – A cream ivory base, and cream or liquid foundation near to natural skin color.
- Powders – brushed on flesh colored powder to set.
- Eyes – subtle shadows on lid – taped out to shimmering pale brow.
- Eyeliner – the wing effect became popular in the 1950’s.