What was the most popular hairstyle in the 1950’s?
Scroll down to see our list of 9 of the most iconic hairstyles of the 1950s!
- The Poodle Cut.
- The Bouffant.
- The Pompadour.
- The Pixie.
- Thick Fringe.
- The Duck Tail.
- Short & Curly.
Why was short hair popular in the 50s?
Women still flocked to the beauty salons for weekly styling, but now the very popular short ‘ 50s hairstyles were quicker to cut and style, giving many women the option of a home beauty routine. Each cut was as unique as the woman, shaping her face and giving her a style that only belonged to her.
What color lipstick did they wear in the 50s?
Lipstick. Lips were a strong feature of 1950s makeup, with a red shade being the predominant lipstick colour choice. Even then, red lipstick came in many shades, from the deeper blue-based colours through to lighter orange-based ones. Also worn were pink and coral colours.
How do you dress like jeans in the 50s?
Here’s how to create a casual look with rolled up jeans:
- Cuffed skinny jeans.
- White t-shirt – either a ribbed tank top or a soft cotton short sleeve.
- Cotton or flannel plaid shirt worn open over the tee.
- Slip on loafers or “boat shoes”
- Accessorize with 50s -inspired aviator sunglasses and a trendy “man-bag” such as a duffel.
How do you dress like a girl in the 50s?
Find your fifties style, be it rockabilly, pin-up, greaser, swing or something else. Aim for an hourglass silhouette with fit-and-flare dresses and poodle skirts. Throw on a cropped cardigan or sweater for an instant hit of ‘ 50s prep. Add chic accessories like gloves, silk scarves, and pearl jewelry.
What clothes did they wear in the 50s?
1950s Fashion Trends
- Tea length swing dresses with petticoats for fullness.
- Slim sheath dresses and tailored suits.
- Pencil or circle skirts, poodle skirts for teens.
- Capri pants, high waisted jeans.
- Peter pan collar blouses.
- Twin set cardigan sweaters.
- Swing coats in winter.
- Kitten heels, saddle shoes, stiletto heels.